Monday, March 30, 2009

Project Improv

Oh. My. Stars. This month is gone and I've only accomplished a tiny fraction of what needs to be done on my To-Do list!!!

It's not that I've been (totally) slacking. There have just been too many irons in the fire; not to mention the fact that I haven't been very good about time management these days. We just won't mention that at all.

Plus, I had the pleasure of having my two adorable and extremely active grandsons for a whole week during Spring Break (more on that another time).

But I did, FINALLY, get my wonky log cabin blocks in the mail today to Jacquie over at Tallgrass Prairie Studio. It's a good thing she lives close by, relatively speaking, because the deadline is Wednesday!

Jacquie developed a charity quilt project titled Project Improv. The idea is to have volunteers make and send in 12.5" blocks in their choice of three different color schemes. These blocks will be made into quilts to be given away or auctioned off for charity.

Although I volunteered to submit blocks in the red/aqua color format, I decided instead to make two blocks in each colorway.... partly because I couldn't remember how many I had volunteered to make. sheesh!

Oh well; at least they are done now and on their way to a good cause.



Anyone want to chance a guess on how long it took me to figure out how to create that mosaic?

FAR TOO LONG!!!

One more thing to add to my ~growing~ list of things to accomplish: learn to utilize some of the cool tips and tricks and gadgets and widgets that are available to bloggers.

No comments: