Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Just. Couldn't. Re-sist.

Last week while working on my charity blocks I realized that my fabric stash had a major shortage of light/background fabrics. Since one of the local quilt stores was having a really good sale, I decided while I was already out and about I would stop by and see if they had anything (on sale, of course) to help me fill in those gaps.


But those fabric store ladies are oh-so clever. They know that not only can we quilters not pass up a good sale, but once we're inside that shop we also won't be able to resist all those gorgeous new spring fabrics!!


Don't these look luscious?!

MFG would be thrilled to know that I did restrain myself and only bought a ~few~ Fat Quarters (that is if he was even aware of these purchases to begin with... shhh). There were so many more just calling out to me. So, you know, I saved a bundle there. Right?

The other good news, Sweetie, is that I saved 31% on the already marked down price of those other yardages that I "needed"!


So see, you married such a clever shopper.

Ladies, go check out Judi's new pattern, Strippin' Time. She's having a giveaway to celebrate.

Edited to say: Almost forgot to tell you that Coffee Time Stitches is also having a giveaway to celebrate her 400th post. Hurry over!!!

2 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Iva, thank you for stopping by my giveaway, so glad you did. It's nice to meet you & I hope you'll come back often.

Iva said...

Roda, your blog is wonderful. Thanks for taking us on that fabulous virtual shopping trip!

Everyone hope on over and pay a visit to Rhoda. You'll be glad you did.