Monday, January 12, 2009

Dinner Dilemmas

One of the things that I enjoy most about finally joining in on the blogging world is the discovery of the foodie blogs. There are some pretty talented and knowledgeable gourmets and gourmands whose sites have on occasion assisted me in determining what to prepare for dinner.

Personally, I get awfully tired of a making and eating meat and potato meals -- or as I call it "guy food" -- that my two guys are particularly fond of. And right now I am at that point. So tonight, thanks to one of those food blogs, I'm making a good old-fashioned New England-style corn chowder along with some of the Midwestern cornbread I was brought up on.

The chowder has potatoes in it. And it is hearty enough that my guys should be satisfied. Right?

But not only that, it's quick and easy to prepare. Which gives me more time to spend working on getting my sewing room organized.

And the sooner I get my sewing room organized, the sooner I can get to work on a quilt block exchange using these fun Mary Englebreit Recipe for Friendship fabrics!





I've never done a quilt block exchange... so I have no clue what I'm doing!! But I have been assured that it is fun and easy.

I may never be invited to participate again!

No comments: